Hanover Township Cemetery Board:
Effective June 19, 2003, the following regulations apply for the Hanover Township Cemeteries: Evergreen and Lost Mound.
Mowing Season—April 1 through October 31
- No planting trees, shrubs, or ground displays.
- Decorations may be hung in hanging baskets from shepherd hooks or single pole wreath stands. (No wire easels as they become twisted in the cord trimmers and must be removed to mow around.)
- No glass containers.
- Cleanup will start April 1. All flowers and memorials are to be removed prior to clean-up date.
- Only one decoration not affixed to the stone is allowed after July 15.
Winter Decorating Season—November 1 through March 31
All decorations are perishable and will be discarded in the spring by March 31. (Wreaths, containers, baskets, easels, blankets and over-the-stone decorations are acceptable.) All decorations must be tasteful and show respect, for this is hallowed ground.
For more information, please contact the sexton, Dawn Callahan at 815-591-3464.
– Special thanks to Dawn Callahan for contributing to this page.